Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Boston Marathon Training-Week 7

Week 7
Monday
37 minutes on spinning bike (hr-130, easy recovery bike ride)
60 minute Full Body Workout (except legs) brought it hardcore
15 minute ab workout

Tuesday
10.22 miles (w/5 miles at 15k to half marathon pace)
This run went well, especially considering the snow.  I kept the 5 miles at between 6:20-6:30 pace.
.6:51 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 157

Wednesday
14.20 miles
7:22 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 153
I opted for a somewhat less hilly route, by going a way I hadn't before.  Once again, it turned out to have massive hills.  Dang, Kzoo is hilly!!!  It was a snowy day, but I just kept a decent pace and knocked out the miles.
40 minutes on spinning bike (hr-130) flushing of the lactate acid and an easy recovery ride
15 minute ab workout

Thursday
5.14 miles
8:02 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 147 (this was a very snowy day)
The snow was very thick.  I went for a run from the maple street after an intense full body workout.  This was just an easy recovery run.
Full body workout at the Y.  I have really been bringing the intensity to the gym lately!

Friday
11.22 miles
7:26 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 143
15 minute ab workout

Saturday
8.16 miles (w/10 x100 meter strides)
This was also a very snowy day.  I had moved for about 5 hours before this and my quads were absolutely dead, but it was a good workout moving stuff.  My quads needed it.7:16 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 147
15 minute ab workout

Sunday
21.44 mile run
7:21 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 148This run went absolutely wonderfully.  I decided that I was just going to try and knock this run out at a 7:30 pace.  Most long runs are supposed to be done at 10-20 percent slower than your expected marathon pace.  So, 7:30 is still a bit quicker than I need to go.  However, I did the first half of this run at 7:26 pace and I was feeling it in the second half, so I knocked the second half out at a 7:16  pace. This was at good run to kind of indicate where I am for expected marathon pace.  After completing this run, I would say that I could easily (well, not easily) knock out a sub 3:05 pace.  That run alone I could have done in 3:10 or less no problem.  Therefore, it forced me to rethink my goals.  I am very seriously considering shooting for a sub 3 hour time at Boston now.  That is a 6:51 per mile pace, so we'll see.  But, as of right now, training has been going pretty well.  I have been doing good at keeping the pace on the long runs and they have usually always included an abundance of hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment