Sunday, January 16, 2011

Boston Marathon Training-Week 5

Week 5
Monday
30 minutes on spinning bike (hr-128, easy recovery bike ride)
60 minute Bicep, Tricep and Leg Workout
15 minute ab workout

Tuesday
 9.15 miles (w/ 4 miles at 15k to Half Marathon pace)
6:49 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 155
This run went very well.  I could have picked it up a bit for the 4 miles in between, but very good speed workout:)

Wednesday
14.23 miles
7:16 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 148
I took this run a little easier by going on a flatter route (with just one massive hill in between)  My legs were asking for a bit of a break from the hills.
30 minutes on spinning bike hr-141
15 minute ab workout

Thursday
5.34 miles
7:58 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 136
This was a very snowy run, which definitely slowed the pace.  Took this as a very nice and easy recovery run.
60 minute Chest, Back, and Shoulder workout

Friday
12.36 miles
7:31 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 142
15 minute ab workout

Saturday
5.21 miles

7:46 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 142
Tough run through the snowstorm (the roads were packed down pretty hard from the snow)
65 minute full body workout with Bob Harper (I hope this guy makes more of these DVD's, these are intense!)
15 Minute Ab Workout

Sunday
 20.50 miles
very hilly course (one hill was a steady incline for well over a mile)
7:25 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 146

I decided to take this run easier than I did last week and slowed the paced to a 7:25.  This was a very hilly route.  It very much simulates what the Boston course should be like.  It was also quite snowy this week, which slowed my pace as well. This was my first 20 miler of this training program and it went very well.  Next week I get a recovery week (56 miles total).  After that, the endurance stage is over and the second microcycle involves both endurance and speed.  So, I will keep up the same amounts of mileage that I have been building up over the last several weeks, but I will now incorporate a bit more speed work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment