Sunday, December 19, 2010

Boston Marathon Training-Week 1

Week 1
Monday
30 minutes on my spinning bike (recovery-hr avg. 137)
60 minute bicep, tricep and shoulder workout
15 minute ab workout

Tuesday
8.05 miles (nothing too intense, just a decent run with 10x100 meter strides throughout the run)
6:56 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 156, 22 degrees
60 minute chest and back workout

Wednesday
11.07 miles (just trying to get a decent medium long run in, nothing crazy on the pace-trying to build endurance in the beginning stages)
7:20 avg. mile pace, heart rate avg. 145, 24 degrees
15 minute ab workout and leg strengthening exercises
30 minutes on my spinning bike (recovery, draining of the lactic acid buildup-hr 134 avg.)

Thursday
5.05 miles (recovery run, recovering from two the past two days of runs with a decent amount of miles; slow run, very easy)
7:39 avg. pace, heart rate avg. 138, 26 degreees
60 minute bicep, tricep and shoulder workout (I really brought the intensity today!)
15 minutes ab workout

Friday
9.05 miles (just an avg. run with a decent amount of miles-wasn't a jog, but it wasn't too intense either)
7:15 avg. page, heart rate avg. 144, 26 degrees

Saturday
5.05 miles (recovery run, taking it easy in preparation for tomorrow's long run)
7:34 avg. pace, heart rate avg. 136, 17 degrees

Sunday
25 minute ab workout
15.05 miles (long run, I am trying to do all of my long run's @ a 7:30-7:35 pace)
7:31 avg. pace, heart rate avg. 144, 20 degrees
This was a brutal run, because I decided to eat half a platter of cookies and candies on the way home from my grandparents and as a result I had major heart burn and a continued need to vomit.  Not to mention, it was extremely dark and icey and I had to pee worse than I ever had before on a run.  You live and you learn, next week's will be better!

I also make sure to include stretching sessions each day and try my best to get 3 or 4 foam roller sessions in per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment