Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another week in the books

Well, I just finished off another week of training.  I don't really know what to talk about, but I feel like I should update this, so here goes nothing.  This week I ended up running 98 miles, probably a bit overboard.  I was shooting for around 90, but I ended up going much further Saturday then I anticipated.  Oh wellllll.  My calves were pretty damn sore to say the least.  Needless, to say next week is a RECOVERY week.  Which means, I wanna drop the mileage down to around 75.  The goal for the week is to get a medium long run in and also to start upping the long run for Kal-Haven.  I'm thinking 22 miles for Sunday, as I would like to top out at around 28 miles for the week.
I'm going to focus more on getting into the gym this week, stretching, and yoga.  Also, focusing on getting 8 hours of sleep at night will be a BIG goal.  I did a great job of that the week before last, but struggled last week. Lately, I have really begun to realize the importance of this.  Continuing on with the mileage buildup, this will be more and more key.  This means getting to bed EARLY, which may not be that difficult, due to the exhaustion of the high mileage.

On another note, I am looking forward to my next race.  It seems like it's been forever, although it's only been 3 weeks.  I signed up for the Yankee Springs Trail Marathon in June this week, which I am hoping to win this summer. That is going to be one of my focus races of the year.  Well, anyways, I'm outta here.  Not much on my mind today.  Until next time.....
"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win."
Sir Roger Bannister

No comments:

Post a Comment